Thursday, 5 February 2009

The search continues...

The unemployed refers to someone of working age who is willing and able to work and actively looking for a job but cannot find a job.



Alright, I'm someone of the above category. Lols. Didn't use to be, but I embarked on an active job search few days back. Hence I'm currently unemployed. T_T

I visited the three job search sites multiple times for a few days now, and it's damn difficult to find something suitable to send resume to! There's qualifications, experience, location to take note of, so after narrowing down, there isn't much left. I sent 8 and only received replies from two. HOWEVER, I missed the first call cause I was eating in the hall and left my phone in the room. Decided to call back, but...


"Thank u for calling xxx. If you know the party's extension you wish to speak to, please enter now. For xxx please press 1. For payroll please press 2. For xxx please press 3. For administration please press 4. ...... For general enquiry please press 0. If you wish to speak to the operator......"


#$%@$^%*&*@(&^%^$%%&@^& !!! So, forget it man. Received the second call for a post I applied for in the early afternoon. The agent asked for my I/C number and whether I was okay with the time period and pay. And well I had to tell her truthfully that I have stuff on 27th and 28th Feb plus the day of the release of 'A' level results. She said she'll send the info in. Comma for now, and I crossed my fingers that it wouldn't be a fullstop. Otherwise I'll spend next week browsing through the sites and sending resumes again. Job searching unexpectedly requires consistency. The need to check back frequently such that you can apply for suitable vacancies as soon as possible. Which increases your chances for the positions.

Okay I just received another call. Going for interview at some ulu place tomorrow morning. =X Town area shouldn't be too hard to find I guess. Somehow all the agents speak so fast, that I can't even hear clearly where they're from... LOL. Frankly speaking, I don't feel like working (anymore), or at least till the drama production is over / after results are release. But just felt like I need to stop bumming around as well. Especially when most of my friends have something to do already. Hopefully when I finally get a confirmed job I'll start looking forward to being a hardworking person. ;)

That's all folks! Gotta sleep early tonight and wake up at 8am so I won't be late. Heh.