Wednesday, 22 July 2009

And that's the end.

Super anti-climax isn't it.

All it took was nagging from my mum, a 10-min MSN chat, and a 1-min call to the boss... And pooof, I'm free to go. I always need a push or a trigger before I can make decisions and take action promptly and swiftly.

There's nothing bad about quitting at all. Everyone's telling me that, family and friends and perm staff alike. I think so too cause I would love some free time before school reopens three weeks later, with the camp two weeks away. The only thing I feel very very bad about, is leaving laoshi to complete the things all by himself. He got me to help him, but I still ran away earlier than expected in the end. Sigh. And it's his last month working in Singapore as ATS staff already. =(

I walked at my usual pace to the place today... Handed over some work, said my goodbye as normal. Though I seriously don't know when the next time of "see you next time" will be, after I get my cheque when it's issued. And I didn't turn back when I left. Totally no emotions attached like during my performer days. Maybe, maybe this time round, I'm out of this place for good. As in working and doing things wise. The smell of freedom is overwhelming...

Then again, despite all the negative things that happened, I'm amazed that I spent the whole of my vacation with ATS, even though it wasn't constantly ongoing. Just as my peers are slacking away all day/taking up temp jobs for the eight months, I would say I actually spent my time on different things? Hence I had a unique vacation. Lol. I'm not trying to console myself, but it's true that I gained a different experience altogether, from all the productions, kindergarten course, and not to forget, the clothes folding and categorizing of costumes. Being a staff at ATS was an eye opening experience to how the organisation really works and I seriously realised how gullible I was as a student/how gullible students are. We had nothing to care about then; all we had to do was to attend rehearsals faithfully and put up our best at the performance. Add a little involvement with backstage/props/costumes. Though that didnt change my character, I'm still the suffer in silence curse to myself type, but at least I know what to be careful of and what I should or should not be involved in, in order for self defense.

And as the chapter closes, what's in store next? Will there even be a sequel to this?

I'll leave it open. Cause I can never be sure. I know myself.

Lastly, I would like to say, I've got a lot to learn from my mum.

So it's goodbye to ATS (for now).