The first time I didn’t find two papers a day too difficult to handle, probably due to the fact that I’m going home a day earlier immediately after and that I S/U-ed one of them plus the other were topics that were already mostly covered in tests. Just numbed, having fought and died till the last day already. I’m just glad I didn’t lose creativity to apply theories in my own little way and write my own stories for the final two to liberation.
Goodbye… Year 1 Sem 2
And so I thought it would be better.
It was worse. (Academic wise, at least.)
Too hopeful? Perhaps. Being able to envision the positive is one thing, working towards it is another. After a hectic Sem 1, I thought I was equipped with all the necessary skills to deal with this. I thought I could adapt. But all efforts were in vain. Too naïve, way too naïve. People say tomorrow will be better, and I had trouble getting to the next day in the first place. My fault. No grumbles here.
The major epic is still the calculator dying in Math exam. Having encountered that I just felt there’s nothing to be fearful of or worried about anymore. I really should’ve tested the calculator in my last 2 papers, and verify whether it is the fengshui of the seat that jinxed the GC/me. No anticipation about the result now, looking at this and the poorly performed mid-term. Been too optimistic and absolutely overestimated myself. Actually it applies to all. X.X
The greatest change in Sem 2 will definitely be attending lessons with people. Like Yikee, Cas, Seok, Jun An, Xiuli, Alice and Choon Rui who’s my same level neighbour who had invited me to sit with her and her friends for a few times, and discussed Physics together. There are also the projects done. My Marketing group people were easy going, even though the way things were handles was slightly problematic. Also, I feel very very very lucky to have found a wonderful assignment partner and group for Comm, at least now I know a few more people around in my course, a few more people to say hi to (though I will still find it hard to approach them for help if need be). Really enjoyed the module though it’s a mere pass-fail course. All in all, it doesn’t feel as lonely as when I first started out, but I guess I’m still a loner. But it’s okay as long as I don’t become a goner due to being a loner. Okay lame.
Case closed. Evaluation done. Lessons learnt. Not too hopeful about my results; I’m not deserving. Not looking forward to Year 2 either, partially due to stories about the modules, I don’t feel I can cope. But life goes on still.
Goodbye… Hall
I’ve never really introduced my corner there, but it seems pointless to do so now, although I do have the photos to share. Personal keepsake. Took quite a number before packing and leaving.
I will miss Patches. I freaked out when she walked into my room for a brief while a fortnight ago, but I totally love her. And I think she likes left side more. Hehe. At least I got to see her when moving stuff to the carpark.
I share a love-hate relationship with Hall. Residing there isn’t a (the?) problem. Returning there every week was depressing. Leaving there each time was on the other hand, filled with anticipation. In between? Depends. Fluctuates. It could have been real hell without my group of friends there.
I don’t know about going back, but the enjoyable moments outweigh the frustrating ones. The McDelivery we always had for supper, the chat and discussion sessions, the movies, outings, games + gambling, cam-whoring, sleepovers, mugging camp… Thank you my friends in hall! We may not see each other that often sometimes, but the more we get together, the crazier we get.
I still have commitments to fulfill; it’s unlikely that I will shirk responsibility. I’ll Just leave the unknown to be revealed in future.
Hello… Home
I went home on a full moon night, thanks to my brother-in-law. Nice. Although my parents were like “why never tell/ask us???” but what matters is I got back yeah. Yet to unpack everything, too much things but too little space. The things filled the entire boot and left barely 1/3 of the back seat for me to fit into the car. It always makes me wonder how things were kept but cannot be put back after being taken out for a period of time. Gotta deal with that after I wake up later. Nonetheless it feels good to be home even if it doesn’t adjust my body clock back. For I am nocturnal and I blog at night wahaha.
Hello… Holidays
I literally started it off with
Scare you!
Resumed a book, had brief chats with my parents, watched Youtube, met my girlfriends, drank pails of apple tea + winter melon tea + fruit juice, slugged, blogged. Meeting my sister (#2) for an exercise cum shopping session on Monday, and an Ikea trip with the girls on Thursday. Hoping to slot in a movie? Want to sing too but my ear is giving too much problem yet again. :(( Need monetary resource urgently at this rate. Oh I must remember to confirm my decision to go for the drama camp and send in application also. But if I get a job will I be able to take three days off for it then????? And anyone has job recommendations? Perhaps something that doesn’t require that much of hearing (and hence talking??). Another reason I wanna get a job is because I’m the one getting chased whenever my sister (the younger one, too many sisters lolol) is unreachable. =x As far as my ability allows, I can only help to push her along, but not be fully responsible over her. I seriously can’t handle primary school English and Maths. Much less to handle the kid.
In any case there’re many more things to do. Need to stop being lost at what to start on, should adopt the Nike attitude. Just do it! ↖(^ω^)↗