Wednesday, 24 November 2010
Home 《家》
This is probably one of the very rare opportunities - I actually get to act in a film!
I took it up because,
(i) It's Cas' project. (What are friends for?)
(ii) I haven't acted (for formal purposes) in 362859243 months.
(iii) Filming is a brand new concept to me! Wanna try.
My role was a mother, that's mostly the role I always get back in those days, all the auntie and ah-ma roles with different characteristic distinctions, and I suppose that's why Cas got me to help. My limitations are probably still looking younger than expected and having too high-pitched a voice. I was pleasantly surprised when I read the storyline and found out that it's to be acted in Chinese. I kind of like being allowed to deliver impromptu lines too.
The thing about filming, is that there can be many tries, many retakes. Unlike stage where it's a one take instant come and go thing, keeping emotions there is quite an art to master. I ain't professional, hence I really found some difficulties trying to sustain the emotions and got really frustrated with myself.
Then again for film, you get all the time to be really ready before the cameras roll. Had time to keep myself in and emo before squeezing out a few tears. I can't handle crying scenes during my theatre days (and still can't now), wasn't able to figure out how to build up and release in a short time frame. Then again real tears are sometimes not needed on stage, it's the kind of atmosphere that matters.
We had two shoots for this video. It was extra time and effort, tiring for the group members (Let me name them, Cas Ginger Candice SianChoo Jaslin Jeremy), but they were still as nice as ever during the second shoot. Not to mention, entertaining. I hope it's worth it seeing the outcome now; I totally had no idea how the video would turn out. I hope they get a good score too! Hahaha.
And this sums up my experience as an MV actress. :DD Shall look at taking up drama modules next sem!