Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Work Sucks

I’m so not fond of my job. Really I am not.

It takes a lot of motivation for me to even drag myself there. And then I start the mundane routine of taking down clothes, folding clothes, keeping clothes, throwing hangers, washing hands, taking down clothes, folding clothes, keeping clothes, throwing hangers, washing hands, taking down clothes, folding clothes, keeping clothes, throwing hangers, washing hands……

Seriously. The work environment/conditions sucks, the pay sucks and I don’t get the things that I need which I requested for right at the very start of my term. And I get locked out of my working area at times like what the hell. I admit it’s laziness on my part when I don’t go for days, yet you can’t blame me for disappearing man. Where on earth, where the hell to find motivation to go? And I get people telling me ohhhhhhhhhh you may not be able to finish before your uni starts, ohhhhhhhhhh you may have to continue doing it like come back on weekends. And then I would say yeah I know. Yes sir yes maam coffee or tea? =.=

What I know better, is to quit when school starts, leave the chaos to them. I can forgo my miserable three-figure pay from mid-June to mid-August; I've never really worked for the money anyway, just let me off. I don’t need a weekend job that pays like 20 bucks per week and that’s not even a hundred per month in total. Minus the transport and barely much is left.

And what I know even better, is to change my phone number. I was intending to do so already and my intentions got even stronger when I got to office today and saw a contact list of people labeled as those who will be/can be/are called up frequently/usually. Yes my name and number are on it, that’s not the surprise. Forget about the part that my name was typed incorrectly, but it was stated there that I can be called up for props/making of props! Like what the hell SINCE WHEN WAS I UNDER PROPS. I’m just a poor girl who has nothing got to do with the main office and can only hide myself in the smelly and stuffy room, drown myself in dirty and dusty pieces of clothing and fold away. Not to mention the frequent sneezing. So tell me, SINCE WHEN WAS I UNDER PROPS?! As a drama performer I helped out with props for whichever production I was in, because I’ve always thought it’s only right to be more involved. BUT NO I WAS NEVER, NEVER, NEVER UNDER PROPS. Tell me to do something else for you but I’m not acting in the show, sorry I’m not gonna do it. Though today I just helped to cut some fonts for unknown purposes cause I couldn’t find any way to dodge. Apparently they ridiculously couldn’t find the key to the props/costumes room, hence someone was sooooooooooooo very kind to give me something to do. =.= And then they miraculously found the legendary key when I was halfway through the cutting! But it’s just a little work though, so I guess I’m fine with it considering that I completed it in 20 minutes.

It’s not that I want to gehgao, but I’m not sorry for gehgao-ing, because I’m very sure I wasn’t hired to do that. You can’t use $5/h to hire someone who can take on an ever-expanding, universal job scope. And I WAS NEVER UNDER PROPS. I’ve ALWAYS been a PERFORMER until I got on to the pre-school course and then the costume shit. I rather myself not to be on that pathetic list, but if you put me there, at least put the right purpose which I can be contacted for. It's not even props AND performer, it's just P-R-O-P-S. Not that I think I’m worthy of/I may be responsive to, requests to join productions, I just don’t like to be taken for granted OR considered to be free (got time) and free (no costs) labour OR assumed to be able to take on all kinds of job OR treated as all of the above-mentioned.

In conclusion, you suck. I’m getting myself outta there.