Saturday, 5 September 2009

Prometheus 2009: Veritum dies Aperit

Just now was my third time at Lee Foundation Theatre.

This time round, it was to support Hall VII's very own drama production. The very first English production I've attended. Wanted to try figure what exactly is the distinction between English and Chinese drama, but I guess the answer is elsewhere. I went there not knowing what to expect, neither was I expecting, cause there're many stories on time travel around, it's how they're put accross/expressed, what's the message and whether the loopholes/problems on time setting(s) can be explained.

I would prefer not to publish subjective views, and being a critic is the last thing I wanna do. I'm not qualified and it's wrong to simply disregard the team's time and effort. Having experienced similar processes, I understand.

So I went back empty. Besides nostalgia.

I miss the stage. Should I say, theatre stage in particular. I loved walking around on stage, taking note of positions, looking at the pretty coloured lights. I loved the feel of stage lights shining, the warmth from it, and how we build up on mood and emotions based on the sound tracks. I loved the darkness in the theatre. And I loved the feeling of being completely immersed in another person, and the heat radiating from myself after the performance...

I don't think I'll be part of any cast again, though I'm not exactly trained in any part of the crew's work. And I don't think I could ever get experience similar to that of those back in ATS again. Those are unique, simply unique. Yet it isn't possible to relive them again. Especially so now, that I've walked out. Nonetheless, I still want to join next year's Prometheus production as part of the crew, whichever position it might be.

Cause I've long decided to drive this passion on while I am still able to, previously.

Cause drama is everywhere.