Thursday, 31 December 2009

2-0-0-9

2009 will soon bring us to 2010 and leave.

I'm numbed. I don't know what to feel. There's no anticipation, there's no hesitation either. I guess what ever will happen, will happen.

There're some things out of our control. Yet I suppose, we can make the best out of situations we're in.

I've opened my eyes to the world this year. Joining theatre productions, witnessing theatre politics, experiencing (and not meeting) expectations, making (correct yet wrong) choices, failing to defy, failing to step out of my comfort zone further, and hearing things which have not been known in the previous years. Not to mention, some soul-selling. I ought to do more good things, accumulate more good karma. And perhaps stop keeping myself to my own world? I'm too weird. Too weird to be called unique.

The things I did in 2009, are neither good or bad. They're just safe, some necessary, perhaps boring sometimes. I don't feel much excitement. There would be many many frustrating moments, but they would turn out fine eventually, and thankfully. The first installment of uni hadn't been that great, though it was a brand new start of another phase in life, I'm grateful I pulled through it. I accepted help and accompaniment from many, and I'm extremely thankful for that too.

The best part, is perhaps the relationships with my family and friends. I love how we spend time together, I love how we go from place to place together, I love how often we meet up, I love the random funny messages, I love the happening and earth-shaking info-sharing sessions, I love having certain people to discuss certain things with, I love seeing people finding their partners eventually. It wasn't because we had more time than before, but rather our intentions and efforts that kept us going. =)

New year resolutions? I've never managed that. I'll skip this for now. So it's goodbye to 2009.

To a better 2010 ahead!!!!!!!!!! ;DD