May I ask, how the hell do you find three courses of each category that doesn't clash with anything to put on waitlist? I mean, after registering those core and prescribed, the time is pretty much taken up. Strange thing is when I tried looking for UEs to put on waitlist
I. CAN'T. FIND. ANY.
It's an annoying thing that I can't seem to find lectures and tutorials on Friday mornings, and my PE has to have this double lecture slot on Friday that ends at 1730. It is at a risk of being ponned. Who doesn't like an early day home on Friday?
And there goes my brilliant plans for a 4-day week. Especially if I do get something I registered on waitlist. Cause their principles are firm. No clash means NO CLASH. There isn't such thing as worse case scenario. Either you get it, or you don't. Damn the opportunity cost.
Lesson learnt this time round?
I think I need slightly more research. And proper preparation prior to registration. Never trust the planner to load courses again; it sparks off confusion and causes more time lag. Snatch for places for core modules first; apparently people in my course who do not have exemptions do not need to think about UE and GERPE this time round again. This means planning is relatively rigid for them and certain timeslots are highly vied for probably because there aren't alternatives? Last but not least, pray hard that the timing isn't 0930 next time.
It's STARS war indeed.