Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Semestertwo.

Today marks the start of Sem 2, although I have no lessons for the first two days.

Although I have no lessons for the first two days, I'm going back to hall tomorrow anyway.

Back to school, back to hall, back to lessons

=

The beginning of war.



Add/Drop period officially starts with the semester too. Hello to feeling stupid fighting for that ONE single vacancy you happen to see. Hello to wondering whether other people have really fast computers/fingers or it is that you're really slow. Hello to the frustration once again. I guess a good timetable is what every student wishes for. And I guess, a timetable with fewer days to attend per week is what every student wishes for, especially when most of the power lies with them. Of course, there're inevitable situations whereby the darn school providing the module has to arrange the lectures on late Friday afternoons, or have all the tutorial timeslots at 8.30AM. Then again, there's still room for control despite that.

I'm one of those people too. I was really hoping to have a free Monday, and perished the thoughts of starting my conquest for a Chinese minor this sem. But not taking up more AUs means I wouldn't be maximising my time. And then I found hope to achieve half, if not the whole of my aim, with 18AUs. Who knows, the elective I managed to get just now, was the one I placed on UE waitlist as 1st choice. The only one with that single vacancy that I managed to get. No one to fight with I suppose. Hence plentiful of time to take action. =.=

5-day week it shall be then. I'm not the only one anyway, though I would very much like to bum around at home for 3 days every week. I will finish exams late, but at least there're no exams which fall on the same day, and I would end lesson by mid-afternoon on average. Plus, hall fees are maximised. I shall be contented. Though I do think a bit more camping is needed to finalise things. It seems that uni is more about clearing AUs than quality of education. Then interest comes in such that the task may be made easier. I'm not too sure about surviving, but I will go on.