Sunday, 28 February 2010

A Continuation

Right. After the previous entry, I went back to lalaland for a second nap. That explains how tired I am?

Okay. Went to Focus Music yesterday, to attend the workshop for Stella Eccellente finalists. Difficult place to find, but I woke up late and we met before cabbing down lol. So it didn't really matter afterall. Steep staircase. =.= They happened to be the sponsors, and it's a small world after all. Jeff from PSS conducted the workshop and we've actually met three years back, in MJC at Music Xtraordinaire. Then it wasn't awkward already. Well we started off with the basics - warm up, and then each sang for him to comment on the various points and aspects. A mere two hours, but very enriching. Song chosen, decided to take his suggestion. He was encouraging me, telling me I can do it LOLOL. I know I'm lacking self-confidence and I still think I'm playing along. But that doesn't mean I don't need to try and give what I can manage. Like that, how to practice?!?! Confidence! Where are you???

Another singing/performance issue follows. I withdrew from Cult Night, which is scheduled to be on the following Tuesday after SE. Not to reduce commitments; it's precisely cause of other commitments that I had to let this one go. Moreover the empirical reason is that my lessons end late on the day of performance, cause it happens to be MB103 assessed presentation day too. I figured there's no need to trouble the others to accomodate and reshuffle and what not just for me to stay in the show. I believe I do not have the means to do so and neither am I worthy to let people make changes for me. The only pity is not being able to duet with Zhengyi. We were trying out and looking at a possibility of that. I look forward to SnS sessions only because of her too, simply cause I enjoy learning from her and listening to her. The rest... Hmm.

That wasn't meant to be self-explanatory by the way. Some things are best left unsaid.

On a lighter note, I went on a shopping trip with sis#2 after the workshop. One of the most fulfilling ones I've had in a long while. I'm sure it's the same for her too. We bought so many things! Clothing in fact. But minimal effects of retail therapy felt. Wonder why. Then again it's good to meet up with the housewife every now and then. :)

Okay that should be all~ Finished the day med, hopefully don't have to visit the doctor again. Though I don't think it's possible. =X I need to be a happier kid.

Now someone should tell me how to look forward to the Prometheus bonding session with bad attendance tomorrow. I'm only going cause CY is the organiser, and cause SH and XL are going for the same reason as well. Gosh.