Thursday, 20 May 2010

Just a lazy afternoon.

Like any other afternoons, I'm lazing around. Not motivated to do any house keeping cause my activities are all in the evening for this week (and for the coming weeks too). The feeling of having to get ready to go out just when you're halfway through what you're doing/about to fall asleep sucks.

And I took cab to rehearsal yesterday. It was a freaking peak hour and it took me 15 to 20 minutes to finally get a cab at the Kallang area. Plus there was ERP. But when I reached only half the cast was there. The pinch! Could've just trained all the way and still reach around the same time or even earlier. Afterall 15 minutes on the green line is about 6 to 7 stops, with the fact that I'll be travelling past the central during that time so I can definitely reach Outram just when I got on the cab. But it's okay with me cause something cropped up and I should make some effort to be on time/not too late, though that probably didn't work out right. I just can't believe I rather cab to rehearsal after training some distance than to cab to the driving centre to top up my stored value account and book my lessons. In the formal case I should be accountable, but I feel I should learn how to do more for myself too. In the end I managed to settle the account thingy online at a small fee and some hassle.

Rehearsals wise, not too bad. I don't fit in with the people but when we're working on the show it's good. From past experiences there's no need to try too hard to bond or to blend in. It's like finding your own place at those which people have neglected or overlooked. In a way there's no interference and I can suggest ideas with regards to different areas ranging from pub design to sets design. Give way and be unknown are probably my policies working through this production. It's good training just that my portfolio is probably just a name, I don't really direct. I'm fine with it for the different kind of exposure though. But I do feel I might have troubles committing as the frequency increases. Nonetheless I rather give my time to this than to FOC. This means I will try more for production and can't be bothered anymore as long as I fulfill my part in FOC. Interest matters. Speaking of which, there's a programs meeting later which I find it a total chore to attend.

Work wise, I went for an interview at the favourite store on Tuesday morning, and received a start-work message this morning! The pay isn't a lot on top of the fact that it's already part time but I do think it's a suitable holiday job since it can best fit in with and accomodate to my other commitments. Gain some useful experience while killing time as well. I'm looking forward cause retail jobs seem interesting. And I'm so gonna send in the application for TTP camp next week. Yipee! It takes a lot to excite me these days and this one does.

Okay shall end here. Gotta leave house in an hour's time.