I went for my first day of work!
That was on Sunday. I finally am motivated enough to got my fingers to type. My thoughts are piling up after days. Anyway I used money to buy time and paid back in time eventually. Don’t understand? I cabbed to work cause it was ten to twelve. And found out later that the penalties of late coming are out of the world. 没有因小失大! The colleague whom I was arranged to work with is very experienced and nice! She’s in the line for 4 years already and very patient and understanding. 8 hours with her and all went well, albeit there were points in time that both of us got quite bored. Well there’s still a lot to learn after listening to the stories she told, especially towards handling special situations, but I’m very thankful for this vacation job! It’s somewhere I like and other than the long hours and rules the rest is fine. As long as boundaries aren’t crossed I guess. We address the bosses by their names, and communication is through phone. We are trusted to be independent and punctual with reporting and knocking off from work, with very minimal questions asked. The real working life in future could very well be entirely different, with all the formalities we learnt in the classroom. It’s good to experience while we still have the time to. At least I’m no longer stuck in a theatre folding clothes away and having to take on 1001 other tasks with one pay that was meant to be for a sole position. And I can update my resume after three months! Finally something substantial to include.
I should go off now. Then again I'm listening to Jay Chou's new album and it's not too bad. Time to start kicking the bad habit of being on the computer for hours once it's switched on, and get my hands on doing other things.